Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My cover of Pink Floyd's "Echoes"

I finally finished covering Pink Floyd's Echoes. It took me about 4 days between everything else to finish the song - learning the small stuff to enhancing the audio quality.

Echoes was the last song on their 1971 album Meddle. When I started off, I felt this was a very ambitious cover considering the fact that Echoes is a 23 minute construction of some brilliant sound-scapes. I might in no way do justice to their original work, but I wanted to give it a try nevertheless.

This was also my first attempt at "mastering" a song. I've never done it before and the track required mastering because the volume was too low.

How I did this?
- Desktop PC (Powered by an AMD processor ;-) )
- Behringer UC6102 Guitar USB interface
- Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset with Mic (for the lack of a better mic for vocals)
- Ableton Live 8 DAW with
  - AC Combo Guitar VST for guitar sounds
  - Izotope Ozone 5 VST for final mastering




For those of you who're not into Pink Floyd (eek!), I strongly advise you start listening to them. They're one of the finest "progressive, psychedelic" musicians possible. Although I wouldn't want to categorize them, I hope it gives you a fair idea of what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to listen to what you have to say,